Sunday, October 05, 2008

Van Courtland Park

Another wasted weekend. Yesterday, I slept the day away. I think I got out of bed about 5PM. I did managed to go food shopping ($80). I had takeout Chinese food and a pint of Haagen Daaz butter pecan. I told myself that I would rejoin the gym next week, and those foods would be the last junkfood I'll be eating in a while. I wonder how many times I've said that.

Today my plan was to do....forget the plans, by now you know I am a chronic planner, but a poor follow througher.

Today arrangements were made for a walk with Vpal (vegeterian epal[electronic pen pal]) throught Van Courtland Park. The meeting time was 3:30pm. I arrived about 3:00pm. Vpal arrived about 4pm. He got off at the wrong train station. He arrived a bit flustered. He had me worried for a minute looking flustered, stressed and repeating that he needed his medicine but wasn't going all the way home. After a few minutes, he calmed down. The walk started out a bit uncomfortable with Vpal explaining how his week did not go well. He explained his worsening medical and financial condition. Luckily, after a while Vpal started to act a bit more high spirited. Unfortunately, we had to end our walk at 5pm. I now try to stick firmly to 5pm as my stopping time. I anticipate about 2 hours of traveling time for walks that occur downtown Manhattan (or further). Since I felt bad about Vpal having to come up north to meet me, I offered a walk around a park near Shea Stadium. Unfortunately, Vpal doesn't trust buses because of one incident, so he will be traveling to downtown Brooklyn, then traveling north to Queens, then travel to the eastern edge of Queens.

Anyway, we walked back to the Metro-North station where I took the MN back home. At home, I did my laundry and cleaned my bedroom. Washing down the surfaces, sweeping the floor than mopping the floor. Now, I was about to do my homework sheet but instead I started this blog entry.

Post Date - Sunday, December 14, 2008 2:59AM
Completion Date - Sunday, October 5, 2008 10:16PM

No comments: