Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Indianapolis - Day 3 (The Crispus Attucks Museum)

Monday, August 3, 2009

No real plan for the next couple of days. 1:16PM I was on the bus for Crispus Attucks Museum. With a Google search, I estimated the distance from the bus to the museum, but I was way off. I had about a 35 minute walk from the bus stop to the museum. However, I didn't mind the walk.

The Crispus Attucks Museum
I thought the CA Museum was a museum dedicated to the life and times of CA, but I was mistaken. It was a Black History Museum located in the Crispus Attucks High School. The admission price was $5. I thought the museum was interesting and educational. Some areas of the museum seemed incomplete, but it was interesting still. I stayed about 90 minutes. I had lunch at a local Hardees restaurant, and walk around downtown for about 3 hours. I took the bus back to the hostel.

The Bus ExperienceThe bus driver and "tin man" were having a very, very loud conversation. "Tin Man" was on the bus a couple of days ago. Tin Man was a name I had given to a guy with a red tin with a wad of single $ bills. He would get on the bus have a loud conversation while counting his single bills. Today, he had the same behavior with a different driver. Today, he was talking LOUDLY and eating Chinese takeaway.

Today (about 3/4 of the way into ride, the bus driver (Yes, the bus driver) begs for a couple of dollars from "Tin Man". The Bus Driver stops at the dingy local store (mentioned in a previous blog entry) keeping the 3 passengers (including myself and Tin Man) waiting 4 or 5 minutes while she went to buy soda and chips. The Bus Driver returns to finish the route on to the last stop and then annouces to those about to get on -- I had gotten off at the last stop. She announced (while I was getting off the bus, "You gotta wait, I'm onna break".

My plan was to ride to the last stop to kill some more time at the mall. I went to Target store. I ended up doing a bit of impluse shopping:

1. Pan's Lambarith DVD
2. Journey to the Center of the Earth DVD
3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

I brought the HP hardcover book to read on the plane ride back from Japan. When I finished reading the book, I gave the book to a local library. At the time, I had given it away with absolute certainty that I would never reread a book more than once even a Harry Potter book. Actually, I barely remember the details from the book. My memory isn't very good. Having just seen the movie, I thought the book would clue me into missing details missing from the movie. I also thought it would be an interesting ride for the approx. 18 hour Greyhound ride back to NYC.


Post Date - Sunday, October 4, 2009 11:55PM

No comments: