Sunday, October 17, 2010

Missing Money

Today on my way to the supermarket, I made a quick trip to the bank.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I had spent my Christmas Club money.  Yep, not keeping up with my finances has cost me yet again.  I do remember last month at the last minute taking money out of my credit union account to cover some bills (not thinking at the time why I had a couple of extra hundred dollars in my savings).   At the time, I just thought, "Oh, I haven't made a withdrawal in several weeks, so that would explain the extra money".   I knew months before it would happen that the money would just "disappear" when it was rolled over automatically from my Christmas Club account to my savings account.  I think I mentioned this happening in a previous blog entry.  That money was suppose to be my "guilt-free spend on me" money.

Well, being a bit annoyed, I think I will withdraw the Christmas Club amount ($600) from my regular checking account before that money disappears as well.  I have half a mind to stash it under my mattress until Christmas time.  No, it isn't the safest place to keep money, but considering my lack of financial skills, the bank isn't much better.  I'll see.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

:) It's no big deal. We're all human. Cut yourself a little slack, at least you had the Christmas Club money to begin with!

Jannx said...

Hello Jeff. Thanks for the kind words. I was annoyed not so much that the money was spent on bills, I was more annoyed that the money saved was going to be my "gift" money. I'm thousands of dollars in debt mostly from the money spent on my classroom and students. Most of my debt is from money I've spend on others. I wanted that Christmas money for a little bit of guilt-free spending.

Jeff said...

Yeah, I completely understand you there. You know, Target is great to teachers. If you just go to them and tell them that you're a teacher, they might help you out for some of that spending.

I'm not sure how close you are to any Target stores, though.

Won't solve all your problems, but it might help.

Jannx said...

Hello Jeff. Thanks for the Target suggestion. I hope everything is going well for you in your neck of the woods. Me? Everything is okay. At the moment, P/T Conferences happen this coming week.