Sunday, April 22, 2012

Shopping

Quick summary.

Again playing procrastinator. I was going to update yesterday's entry, but ended up falling asleep. Now while my clothes are washing, I'll try to do a quick entry.

Yesterday, I did my morning jog with a light breakfast - banana (90cal), 8oz. orange juice (110cal),  and 4 prunes (100cal).  Headed to the mall to buy my usual meal at the Panda Express now called China Max...

I had to stop.  I couldn't finish on my tablet.  Whether it was me, or my tablet, it was more trouble than time saver.  Of course I will continue using my tablet, but probably not for blog entries (or at least not long entries.

Anyway, yesterday I had my usual meal at the mall.  The difference is that I counted the calories this time.  Each item was between 1 and 1.5cups:

Broccoli Chicken - 180cal.
Fried Rice - 570cal.
Orange Chicken 400cal.
Snapple Fruit Punch - 200cal.

In total, my single plate of food came to about 1,350 calories.  I was a bit annoyed with myself for the two steps forward, two steps back situation I seem to keep finding myself in.  To make matters worse, I went to another mall and being thirsty, I ordered a Wild Berry Smoothie (330cal) from MacDonald's. And I still hadn't eaten dinner.  To try to salvage my motivation and avoid finding comfort in a pint of Hagen Daz (with the false promise of starting again next week -- as I've done so many times in the past). I decided to walk part of the way home (30 minutes), and calculated the mall walking I did to add another 350 calories to my calorie bank remainder (157cal.).  So, I was able to go home with about 500 calories available for dinner.  I ended up eating Tuscan Vegetable Medley (80cal), a Greek yogurt(140cal), and a couple of fruit cups.

Today, there was suppose to be a rain storm, so I was a bit worried about not being able to do my morning jog.  Luckily, the rain held off.  It was windy and very chilly, but with my long underwear, sweats, and knit cap, I was very comfortable. 

I also went food shopping today (about $98) poorer.  The plan was to purchase food that I could create my own "single-servings" and see if that helps.  One of the things was a pack of baby carrots and a bottle of "0 calorie" ranch dressing.  I'm going to try to put 2 tablespoons of dressing in a snack bag, and I'll put a few carrots in another snack bag so that I have something to munch on tomorrow.  I also bought a few Health Choice Meals.  Next week, I want to try to having the Healthy Choice Meals for lunch instead of dinner, and see if I can lose weight that way.  Yesterday, I also want to drop the orange juice for a week and see if gives me a few extra calories to play with.  Lately, I've been buying the 8oz. 6-pack(110cal. each).  However, a single orange is about 70cal. each. 

I gave myself a two week commitment to jog in the mornings before work.  Hoping that I will be able to stick with a routine.  Next week will be the second week.  By May 1st, I want to take the workout routine up a notch.  The plan is to continue the morning jogs, but I want to start strength training.

I think that's enough for now.  Hopefully, I will be able to update this blog sometime during the week.

I'm going to attach a photo of my new lunch bag I bought at the mall yesterday (about $10 at Wal-Mart).  This new one is a bit larger than the green one posted here a few months ago, but not as large as the Polar Bag also posted here.  It is large enough to hold the full meal Healthy Choice, and my Klean Kanteen aluminum (1qt.) canteen with room for yogurt, fruit, and ice. 
















No comments: