Saturday, July 23, 2005

Putting on weight.

Last week, I got on the bathroom scale and realized that I was putting on weight. I also noticed for the first time that my scale also has metric measurements. This summer, I have been drinking a lot of juice (about 2,000 or 3,000 ml each day). That is about 2 or 3 containers of juice a day. I have also been drinking about 1 (sometimes 2) cartons of whole milk each day. And, I have not been exercising (nor walking) to burn off the extra calories. Unfortunately, I like juice more than water, so when I am thirsty, I drink juice(the cheap kind which is mostly sugar). Also lately, I have not been feeling like doing anything...except sleep. I am really going to have to change, or I am going to make myself sick.

And the stress, I've been living with recently, has not helped matters.

I told myself (yet again) that I am really going to have to start exercising....starting next week(Monday)! Real exercises, not the light morning stretches that I have been calling exercises in my Japanese blog. Which brings up my next topic.

In my other blog, I mentioned that I would write about the meeting I had with my current boss concerning the high school resignation letter. However, I recently realized that I probably shouldn't be writing about my current boss and posting it on the internet.

To make a long story short. Basically, the meeting was pointless (90 minutes). Although, after about an hour, my boss (when he realized that I was not going to write the resignation letter, because I was so angry at the school for the way they (the administration) treated me (almost ignoring me for the last 2 weeks, among other issues), my boss decided to change tactics. Short story, He admitted that the resignation letter was his idea. The high school wanted to fire me, but (according to my boss), he thought the resignation letter was a better idea.

I did not find out why the high school was so eager to fire me. My boss also seemed at a lose. We both agreed that if the school had waited until the summer, the "separation" would have been much neater. However, they(the high school) could not wait 1 more day. The school choose a day before final exams. I was a little annoyed hearing about the school's intention the very next day after I'd just finish making the final examination for my classes . It took me about 8 to 10 hours in total (over two days) to make (partly from my slow typing, partly due to conversating in the teacher's room, and partly due to me being a little bit too much of a perfectionist).

There is a lot more I could write about, like......nah...I'll end this now. I could be here all day writing about:

a slick (but lame) opening argument. It was very nice, except he forgot, just didn't care, or thought I was too stupid to understand. I already knew (before the meeting started) that the school did not want me to return, so telling me it was a company decision to reasign me to a better teaching situation was well....nice, but lame.

Or, I could write about the company's idea of respect, telling me that if I did not write the letter, it was possible that I could lost the company's respect. Again, forgetting, not caring, or...you know the rest.

Example? In the past 2 years, I have been sent on average to teaching assignments that are about 2 hours away(one way), with a "take it or leave it attitude". "Sorry, that's all way have at the moment", is what I have often been told. All the while I'm counting how many new teachers have come and gone teaching in places like Kichijoji, Kokubunji, Nakano etc...All places about 30 minutes from my home. Oh, my boss told me that the above assignment allocations were... coincidences. His exact words were, "An unfortunate matter of timing". But, he went on...if I didn't write the letter, then it might not be unintentional". But he was quick to add (and repeat several times), that the company would not give me similar difficult assignments intentional. huh!?!?

And I have not even mention the salary cut...Okay, I just did. But, I think I wrote more than I should have. It felt good to write, but maybe I should delete this entry. Tabun....

No comments: