Monday, March 19, 2007

You can see by the time of this posting that I had a very unproductive weekend, and now I am (as usual) making up for it.

The plan today (Sunday) was to go to Brooklyn to the teacher supply store to by bulletin board paper and border. The plan was to be at the store at opening time (11am), and be in and out in about an hour. After a cold cereal, I took the 9:30 Metro-North train to Manhattan. No Lunch. I arrived at the teacher supply store about 5 minutes to 11am. It turns out the store is only blocks from the HQ of the Board of Ed.

Long story short. After wandering the store aisles for about 2 hours, I left $170 dollars poorer.

Since I was in the area, I decided to visit my foster father. Unfortunately, the trains were a mess due to construction. I ended up at my foster father's place about 3pm. He wasn't there. I stayed awhile to talk to his lady friend and I left about 3:45pm. I returned home about 5pm. Dinner was takeout from a soulfood restaurant -- owned by a Korean. After dinner, I went to the laundromat to wash my clothes. I read the Sunday paper there. After returning home, I started lesson planning, but fell asleep on the couch (futon). I woke up about 12 midnight. It is now 2:35. After I post this quick blog entry, I will type up my homework sheet. I should be in bed by 3:15am. And...up at 6am. What a life!

No comments: