Sunday, September 28, 2008

Burn After Reading


I slept most of the day away. I missed my MN train. I took a taxi to the subway station. The taxi driver was a bit talkative, but very nice (also very honest). He gave an honest estimate for the fee to the station, I suspect he was new on the job. He took out a book that gave distances and the fees to charge. I arrived about 7:15pm the meeting time was 7:30pm. I signed up for one of those social networking sites. It has groups all over the world. Basically, you type in an interest, and the site will provide a list of groups that meet with the same interests. The group I joined this evening was a movie/dinner group. The group meets for dinner than a movie. I signed up just to have a reason to get out of my apartment on the weekend.

Dinner
During dinner the host gave handmade gift bags for the members. I thought that was very nice. Other groups I've joined tended to be very informal, everyone shows up for the activity, the host doesn't usually put that kind of personal touch into the group. For dinner, I had linguine with spinach and shrimp. It was good.

The movie.
The group went to see "Burn After Reading". Although I did chuckle a few times, I didn't like the movie. And, I hated the ending. In the movie, nearly everyone was sleeping with another person. It was also violent at times, but the movie was a comedy. Since, many of the people in the theater was laughing hysterically, then I know it was me. I was just not getting it. After the movie. The other two went home -- One of the problems with the social network group are the people who are "no shows" and can't be bothered to to RSVP whether they will come or not. Of the 6 who posted that they would come, only two came. In total, there were three of us. After dinner, the other two went home, but I walked to the Waverly Diner for dessert.


Post Date - Sunday, November 30, 2008 4:45PM

No comments: