Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Birthday

Today is my birthday, I am now 40 years old. If there are any readers of this blog, I would appreciate it if you could post a brief happy birthday comment. Yes, an anonymous comment is okay. It would be nice to know how many readers read this blog. I'm just looking for an informal headcount, nothing more than that, so an anonymous comment is just a good as an identified posting.

So, how was my birthday?

It was a quiet uneventful day. I had a bath earlier today. I met Vpal to finish our walk up Broadway. We picked up where we left off. The meeting spot was 168th street and Broadway. I arrived about 3pm, Vpal arrived about 3:30pm. Once we started the walk, we took a detour into Staples. I needed to copy my students' personal narratives. Admin asked for the originals, but sometimes they are forgetful.

Anyway, after Staples, we continued to walk. I stopped briefly in a hardware store to buy a heavy duty extension cord(about $20) for my classroom mini refridgerator. We ended up finishing our walk in the Bronx at the Metro-North station.

I had a Healthy Choice meal for dinner. Just now, I ate the candy out of the gift bag I received yesterday. Yesterday went to the movie to see the "Burn After Reading" with a new social networking group. The group leader gave each new member a gift bag. I thought that was very nice. I really didn't like the movie, but I liked the group.

Well, I better go. Now that I'm 40, I better stop the procrastinating I've been doing and get my act together. I'm going to try rejoining the local Y on Wednesday, October 1st. And try once again for a new me, new beginning.


Post Date - September 28, 2008 8:13PM [My Birthday]

3 comments:

Max Sartin said...

happy birthday my friend! And don't fret the big 4-0, it's just a number. Your 40's can be every bit as good as any other decade, maybe even better. It's all what you make it. Oh, and thanks for the Barnes & Noble certificate, you really didn't have to, but I do appreciate it. Oh, and don't get too discouraged if not many people respond, I know of at least 15-20 people who frequent my blog, and yet you and writer are the only ones who comment on a regular basis. Keep smiling!

Jannx said...

Thanks for the birthday wish. Also, thanks for mentioning your own lack of responses on your blog. I was beginning to feel a bit depressed that no one replied. I'm glad you liked the B&N certificate, helping me with Excel made it worthwhile.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!