Sunday, September 07, 2008

Errand and Walk Day


I'll have to keep this brief. It is almost midnight. I would like to be in bed by then.

Today turned out to be better than I thought it would be. Those of you regular readers know, I tend to do only one thing per day. Today I was up about 9:30AM. I showered. I did my laundry for the week, including hanging up my work clothes. I also walked to the supermarket to do my grocery shopping ($139). I also stopped at the imitation Five and Dime store to buy some brooms. Yes, I did say some brooms. I brought a couple of hand held dust brooms for my students. I brought a couple of cheap regular sized brooms. One for the students, and one for "borrowers"; Ms. Across the Hall often borrows my brooms. I also brought a cheap mop. I already had one spill with more (I'm sure) to come.

After shopping for about 30 minutes, since no train would be arriving in time, I walked back home. About a 23 minute walk each way to and from the supermarket. I had about 7 minutes to put away the food before it was time for me to catch my train to NYC.

The plan was to meet Vpal to continue our "Broadway Walk". The meeting spot was 42nd street and Broadway (where we stopped at the last walk). I arrived about 10 minutes early and Vpal only arrived one or two minutes late. We walked uptown (or north for you none New Yorkers). There wasn't much to take picture of, so I don't have a lot of good photos.

Well, it is time to go. It is almost midnight.



Post Date - Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:06PM
Completion Date - Sunday, September 7, 2008 11:39PM

2 comments:

Max Sartin said...

I know I've said it before, but I';ll say it again. I love reading your descriptions of life in NYC, and the pictures that go along with it. Utahns consider Salt Lake City the big city, it makes me laugh. But I do like seeing and reading the contrast between out here and back there in NYC. Thanks.

Jannx said...

Hello Max. I'm glad you enjoy my blog entries. I've been "a bit out of it" recently; I have not been in the mood to blog. The last couple of days, I've been trying to "get a grip" on how I've been stressing myself out. Hopefully, I will be able to continue developing normal work and sleep routines.

Thanks again for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

Oh, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!