Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm in Love...

...with the Maxpedition Neatfreak Organizer.

Last night I browsed online for a smaller pack than the backpack. I purchased one of the bigger backs similar to a backpack. However this morning, I began thinking that another large pack would defeat the purpose of the change from a regular backpack. I wanted a pack just big enough to fit a paperpack book, a mini umbrella, MP3, cell phone, camera, flashlight, train/bus maps, tissues, hand wipes, etc... I also want to buy a netbook to replace my old secondhand laptop. I think you get the picture. I came across the "Neatfreak", and I'm now super excited. I even found a review of the bag on YouTube. A great review! I was sold. Oh, and it comes in black!

I wanted a pack(man purse?!) because I like being organized, but (lately), I've gotten tired of dragging around a mostly empty backpack with the small stuff becoming a disorganized mess at the bottom of the bag. I'm also tired of stuffed pockets inside my classroom, but that post will have to wait.

I hate the look of the fannypack. Below is the video review of the Neatfreak.



5 comments:

Jeff said...

This sounds perfect. Unfortunately, I carry way too much stuff (papers, folders, change of clothes for karate, etc.

Jannx said...

Same here. The Neatfreak is a bag that I can only use on the weekends. Like yesterday, when I went to the movies, I mainly needed a book to read on the train and an umbrella. While trying to get my MP3, I had to untangle the ear pieces from my cell phone ear pieces (not compatable). Since I don't use either very often they were a jumbled mess in knots with pens, receipts, etc...

I don't think I'll be able to use the Neatfreak during the work week. When I get a Netbook, then I might use it for the Netbook (or buy another one).

Oh, by the way, I would think it would be easier for you to carry less since you have a car.

Jeff said...

Yeah, and I'm sure it's obvious that I live out of my car, too!

A Paperback Writer said...

I watched the video and was completely sold on it -- until I heard the price. That's as much as a really good backpack costs!
Well, if it works for you, then that's great. I have my old Lands' End Square Rigger bag that has tons of inside pockets, which I use for school, my LL Bean backpack (with tons of pockets again) for traveling, and a wide assortment of tote bags that I can grab for trips to the library or carrying extra stuff to school or whatever. Those will do for me.
But, like I said, if you're happy with this, then I"m glad you found it.

Jannx said...

Hello Paperback. Yes, I agree the price is a bit high. And yes, it is (actually) highter than a good backpack. The problem is that sometimes I don't feel like carrying a backpack. If I'm just going for a walk, the movies, or the museum, then I'm starting to dislike the "packmule" feeling I've been getting. I'm hoping the problem will be solved with the Maxpedition Neatfreak.

It hasn't arrived yet. I'll let you know how it goes once I've had a chance to try it out.