Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ramblings

Wow, it appears Blogger has made some improvements.  When last I was here, if you accidentally moved from the draft page, you lost what you were typing.  However, it seems that now it is saved automatically.  Great!

Below is original...skip it.  I'll just delete the second one

It has been awhile.  I've been so out of it that I seem to just be making matters worse.  Also, there are the purchased that I wanted to write about, but as the list piled up, the procrastinator in me kept putting it off.  There were shows that I also wanted to write about.

Well, this is getting long.  Long story short, I'm going to try to resume blogging from this moment.  I'll try filling in past comments as I remember then...if I remember them.  I now have a tablet and a smart phone which will let me blog part of the way on my commutes.  Also, tomorrow, I will be getting braces for my teeth and I thought that blogging about the pain might be useful.  No, just kidding...sort of.  I just thought it would be interesting to keep a journal about the process.  I was told that until my mouth adjusts to the braces, I will lose some weight. 

I saw a few Broadway shows over then last few months (including Adams Family with Brooke Shields, How to Succeed in Business..with one of the Jonas Brothers, and Sister Act). 

Today I went to see The Lion King on Broadway.  Below is a cut and paste of my review of the experience:

If you are a diehard fan of Broadway, then I don't think you will be disappointed. Since I'm learning to be a fan, I still have a way to go. I thought the production was great, the costumes too. I thought the actors also did wonderful jobs. Unfortunately, not being a big fan of musicals, I got a bit bored at times especially when the slow songs started. I also thought the finale was a bit of a let down when the previous number(s) seemed so much better. I thought the scene when Simba's father talks to him and Simba realizes that he has to return was a more exciting part of the show, more exciting than the finale. I was also a bit annoyed that in a modern theater that made the rows more spacious from the next row in front. However, they still designed the seats too closely packed together. Even when your hands are in your lap (and elbows are NOT on the arm rests), you are still rubbing against the person next to you. Crazy!

No comments: