Sunday, March 19, 2006

March 13, 2006

I think I’ve asked this question before. Do you ever get the feeling you are being punished for some unknown crime? Today, my day started out nicely. I was originally given a cluster teacher’s schedule to cover. I like cluster schedules because I am in and out of a few classes for the day. Today, just as soon as I was planning my cluster schedule, I walked passed the assistant principal’s office. She stopped me and informed me that she was trying to contact me but she couldn’t find me. I suppose I could mention the loudspeaker that could have been used, or I could have mention that I was given a cluster schedule (and I was following that schedule). Anyway, my schedule was changed. I was assigned to sub for one of the team teacher’s in the wild (two teacher) class I’d mentioned in previous blog entries.

It is getting late, so let me just jump to the main parts of this entry. After school, I went to the post office near the school. I ended up waiting on line for about 30 minutes to get a money order for my teaching license application.

When I arrived at my shoebox, my plan was to go to the Laundromat to wash the few clothes that I had not washed over the weekend. Instead of walking to the big Laundromat about three blocks away, I thought that I could save time by going to the very small Laundromat in the building next to the apartment building I live in. To make a long story short, one of the machines I used started leaking (and the Laundromat worker) did not know why. She gave me quarters to do my wash over. What should have been about an hour wash and dry, turned into about an hour and a half. And my clothes (after 24 minutes) still were not dry, but I did not have any more quarters, so now my shoebox on top of having boxes and bags all over, I now have semi-wet clothes over my futon. So, was it a big load of laundry? No. About a week’s worth of underclothes, a towel, and pajamas.

My plan this evening was to try making onigiri (rice balls), but my neighbor decided to make lasagna. By 9pm, she was not finished. I think she started about 7pm. I got tired of waiting, so I had to settle for a can of soup. No sooner did I finish eating when my upstairs neighbor had a loud shouting argument with his girlfriend. And would you believe my floor neighbors (the bickering buddies) actual comment about how they (the upstairs guy and his girlfriend) are always arguing. About 10 minutes later, then the bickering buddies (sorry, married couple) on my floor started arguing. I think it started because he wanted to use her cell phone.

Now it is almost 10pm and I have done nothing that I wanted to do. My plan was to get on my rowing machine for at least 20 minutes. Soak in the bathtub. Iron my clothes for tomorrow. Make rice balls (I am tired of going into the corner stores and seeing [and buying] only junk food.

I could have added more details, but it is getting late.