Thursday, March 23, 2006

March 23, 2006

Stress. Stress. Stress, and more stress. Quick entry. Today, I started a new substitute assignment at a previous school. About midday, I realized that I’d left my keys (locked) in my shoebox of a home. I thought that it would not be difficult to just go to a lock shop and have someone open the door. After work, I went to the lock shop. First, I was told that they would not open the door without the lease holder of the building present. I was also told that it would cost me about $85 dollars to have the door opened. The shop worker seemed a little bit unconcerned that I was locked out. He just kept saying that he really did not have time to do anything especially at that time (about 5:20pm) because “his guys were about to go home. The place closed at 6pm. Since my apartment contact guy (the guy I pay the rent to) would take about 20 minutes to reach the apartment building, the lock shop guy just got annoyed and said that he could not help me.

I decided to go to my shoebox and see if I could open the door (without doing a lot of damage). My plan was to ring the doorbell for my floor and have one of my neighbors let me in the building. Since the apartments seemed so sloppily put together, I thought I might be able to figure a way to open the door.

Long story short. Once in the building, it took me all of 3 seconds to open my (locked) room door with my Metro train card.

So, was that the end my stress? Come on, where have you been?

About 2 hours later, my floor neighbors (the bickering couple) started playing loudly with cell phones (laughing and talking loudly)…then the guy breaks the young lady’s cell phone. She flips!!! She was screaming and hollering!!! She was crying hysterically. You would have thought that the guy had murdered a child. After a couple of minutes, I can’t take any more. I knock on their door asking if everything is okay. The guy was annoyed that I knocked on his door and told me to mind my business. I stood in the hallway not sure what to do. I listened to the guy offer to give the young lady his cell phone. He tells her to just take out her information SIMS phone card and put it into his phone. She says no, his phone is a piece of sh*t, and continues to scream (and cry). She knocks over something big threatening to break everything of his. Finally, he tells her to pack her sh*t and get the f**k out of his house. He leaves the building. And the young lady… continues her sreaming hollering hysterical tantrum. Again, she knocks over something big. It sounded like she was trying to break anything that wasn’t nailed down. A few minutes later, she manages to call on another cell phone (or was it the boyfriend’s phone) a friend to complain about what had just happened. She said that she would move to Brooklyn to live with a cousin. I would like to say that the young lady actually seems to be very nice, just very immature at times…like now.

Later the guy returns. He seems to be helping the young lady pack. Is she really leaving? Only time will tell.