Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow Day

Woo Hoo!!!

Here in NYC, our schools were closed. Again, Woo Hoo!!!

I woke up this morning stressed and annoyed that I was not prepared to go to work, so you can imagine how excited I was when I got out of the shower (hoping I wouldn't miss my train) and heard that NYC schools were closed. Once I checked a couple of TV news reports, I was happy.

So, why wasn't I prepared. This weekend like most others, I sleep or read it away. On Saturday, I slept until about 11AM. I went to the post office to pick up my Amazon.com order, that being a bit of a hike (about an hour walk one way) got me home about 5PM. I spent the rest of the day reading the Watchmen Graphic Novel. When I saw the trailers for the movie, I became interested in reading the book. Once I started reading the book, I really started to enjoy it. Sunday was more of the same, Watchmen and sleeping.

Well, I better go. I've been given a very, lucky break. I really can't afford to waste it.

Oh, I did a Google search to find the attached photo of "Snow Day".
Post Date - Monday, March 2, 2009 7:42AM

4 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Well, the weather out here in Utah is a little different. I watched on the news this morning that the east coast was being hit with 2 to 3 inches of snow an hour, possibly for the next 18 hours. Meanwhile here; it's supposed to get close to 60 today and break 60 tomorrow. Cloudy and mild, until Wednesday, when the rain is supposed to hit. Which means, I still have to go to work today... have a fun day off.

Jannx said...

Thanks. Here in NYC, it is very rare to have a snow day, so yes, I'm enjoying it. I went back to sleep, but now I'm up to (hopefully) make the most of my second chance.

Max Sartin said...

I can only remember 2 snow days here in Utah in my 4 years as a student and 16 years teaching. We can get 3 or 4 feet of snow up in the mountains, and have less than 6 inches down here in the city. Sometimes, like they're predicting later this week, we'll get more than a foot of snow up in the mountains, but the city will see only rain.

Jannx said...

I thought you had a lot more snow days. It seemed like every few of your blog entries were about digging out from the snow. I just assumed you had a lot more snow days.