Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Day at South Street Seaport

Yesterday, I planned a social networking event. The plan was to spend the day in the South Street Seaport area. I thought it was a nice event. Unfortunately, there was a no show. It was a bit disappointing for the only other"Yes" RSVP to not show(and not contact me). Anyway, I followed the plan. Starting first at the Bodies Exhibition. Unfortunately, picture taking was not allowed. I found the audio tour helpful, I liked being able to choose from two settings (one for adults / kids), I ended up listening to both. The tour was about two hours. From "Bodies" I headed over to the South Street Seaport Museum. For $12, it was okay (not great, but okay). Lots of old maps and old toy models of boats. Staying for two hours was a bit of a stretch, but I managed. Next, I headed over to the two boats included in the S.S.S.M fee. The boats were also nice. I called it an end to the "Day" about 4PM. I skipped dinner at UNO, the area was overflowing with Santas(SantaCon?!?). SantaCon is an area event were people meet dressed as Santa. Since it was still early, I decided to see a movie. At first I went to Union Square, but nothing was starting at that time, so I settled for a movie on 42nd Street (Ninja Assassin). Before the movie, I took a walk around Bryant Park, they had a shopping village and ice skating rink. I'll post photos later.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Ooh how was Ninja Assassin? I really want to see that movie! You should post a review. Sounds like an interesting day! I think it's smart that you do the social networking thing even though so far it's been unsuccessful. It sounds like a good way to get to know people, which I imagine is hard in a big city.

Jannx said...

Hello Jeff. I liked the movie. There is a lot of blood and body dismemberment. Even though I don't usually like the gore of those kinds of movies, I liked this one. It had the usual plot holes of believability, but it was a nice movie.

Yep, so far the social networking has been very unsuccessful. You know you have about 112 groups in your neck of the woods. Any interests you have can most likely be found. If there isn't a group covering your interests, they make it very easy for you to start your own group.