Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Slow Cooker

Another day wasted. I'm amazed how fast the day goes by (Partly due to sleeping very late). By the time I get up and shower the day is half over.

I should have started cleaning my apartment, but instead I showered and went to the post office to send off my waistpack. I think I might have mentioned in a previous blog entry that it arrived in a less than new condition. After the post office, I had a slice of pizza. Not wanting to return home, I wandered around downtown for a while.

On an impulse, I bought a slow cooker. For the last couple of weeks, I've been telling myself that I need to move away from the Chinese takeout and the microwaveable meals. Unfortunately, that leaves me cooking.

In theory, I like the idea of a slow cooker. From what I understand about it (and have been told), you can throw in basic ingredients in the cooker, turn it on, and when you return home, the food is hot and ready. Cool!!!

Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable with the idea of leaving appliances on when I leave home. I don't even like to leave my cell phone charger plugged in when I'm not using it. And yes, I even unplug my computer when I'm not using it.

In order to get the most out of my slow cooker, I'm going to try throwing the ingredients in at night so that it cooks overnight. I've already did an internet search for slow cooker receipes. The first website I found was "Slow & Simple". The receipes seem easy and simple. The slow cooker also has a website with receipes as well[Proctor Silex].

If this slow cooker works the way it seems, this would be a great investment. I only need to use it once or twice a week to make enough for leftovers.

Having just seen a video for a roaster oven, I now want one of those as well.

Post Date - Tuesday, December 29, 2009 9:16PM

2 comments:

Jeff said...

It's ironic that you bought a slow cooker on impulse.

Jannx said...

I thought the impulse buy was an interesting one as well. I just hope the slow cooker lives up to the hype. I really need to make some positive changes for the new year. Starting with cooking more, and eating takeout less. Exercise is another goal.