Monday, December 28, 2009

New Phone

I just brought a new phone!!!!

I guess you didn't think I would be able to hold out for very long.

So, What do I think about spending about $100 per month for a cell phone?

Actually...

I didn't buy the one mentioned in the previous blog entry. Nope. I settled for a refurbished phone. Yes, refurbished. The cheapskate in me won out. I hate the color, but I like the style -- just what I was looking for in a new phone. Easy texting...I hope. I ordered the phone online. If everything goes well, I will be switching companies..

Snag...My credit card was rejected. That can be correct later.

I'll post a photo found from the internet.


Gotta say, having just looked at the posting. I'm really starting to hate that color (light neon lime green). Maybe the ugly color will keep me from burning through my minutes. Anyway, I'm hoping that if the phone is activated and works, I will then be on a network that would allow me to purchase a newer better "unlocked" model. Unfortunately, the Tracfone network system doesn't allow compatability with other phones not on their network.

P.S. - In the excitement, I forgot to add the most important part.
THE PHONE IS A PREPAID PHONE!!!No contract!!! No fees!!!

4 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Whoa. That looks complicated.
My cell phone is no frills. It makes calls. Period. But it has no contract, either, which is good.

Jannx said...

I agree. The no contract phones are a good idea. I'm surprised that they aren't more popular. When I first got my cell phone, I really didn't want a cell phone, but I came around. Now, I'm glad to have one. However, I have lately been feeling left out. My no contract phone is nice, but it is very limited when compared to those around me.

Jeff said...

Ooh, I hope you like it! That looks a lot like mine, and I really love mine. I don't need a Blackberry or an iPhone, just give me my texting machine.

Jannx said...

Yes, I hope I like it as well. Mainly, I'm hoping it is exactly as I imagine it to be (large easy to read QWERTY buttons). I'm really tired of the "hunt and peck 2 or 3 second letter by letter delay" feature of my old cell phone. I also don't really need the big bells and whistles of the iphone or the other expensive phones. I'm just tired of trying to text with those who can compose a paragraph in the time it takes me to text a couple of sentences.