Monday, February 08, 2010

Quick Entry

Let's see if I can keep this blog entry really short and simple.

I'm posting because I haven't posted in a while.

Last week, I began my return with my first classes. The 5 hour block without only a ten minute break (moving from one class to the other) was the only break. Homework was assigned already. I thought I would be able to get the books on Friday to read over the weekend. Well,

1. The College bookstore closed on a Friday at 3PM on the first week classes started.
2. What materials I did receive, I didn't touch any of it. So, I'll probably be doing it at the last minute as usual.

On Saturday -- there was suppose to be a snowstorm here in NYC, but we lucked out. No snow and the weather was great. Anyway, I went shopping for some school supplies. I was a bit surprised by the poor quality of some of the "college" merchandise. One thing that impressed me was something called a book holder, it was a foldable frame that can hold a variety of books to reduce the strain and fatigue with holding a book. After food shopping, my day was basically done. I did finally see the DVD "Inkheart". I really enjoyed the book, but the movie was crappy, to say the least. The movie had none, none of the charm, wit, or magic of the book. It really felt like the old afternoon movie special for kids. I didn't like the acting, the plot changes, nor the special effects.

Sunday
I didn't do much. Having stayed up late Saturday night, I slept much of Sunday away, so there wasn't much to do beyond making a return trip to the store to get a couple of items.

Post Date - Monday, February 8, 2010 12:12am.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I've never read the book, but I've heard the same about the movie.

Jannx said...

Well, save your money. The book was an enjoyable read, but the movie wasn't.