Saturday, September 04, 2010

Preparation - Day 5

Somehow my blog entries for my preparation days don't seem to add up, but I'm too tired to care.

Today was the last day for unofficial preparation.  And I'm still not done.  This coming Tuesday is the official day teachers have to report to school.  So, this year will be starting like all of the others; I'll be playing catch-up.  The AP at my school informed me (as a group of us were leaving the building) that there will be a 3 hour PD (professional development) on Tuesday.  Therefore, half my day will be gone.  The very next day the students will be arriving.  The following two days school will be closed.  On the one hand I'm happy, but on the other I'll be playing catch-up.  I will try to use the following week to stay afterschool and do the planning that I thought I would have started before the students arrived.  It would have been so cool to to start school with my entire year mapped out.

No comments: