Thursday, September 08, 2011

Stress is back!!!

This has been a difficult week.  This was suppose to be the year that I was going to do things differently.  Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.  The major hurdle is knowing what (and who) I'll be teaching.  Today is the first day of school.  Yesterday, I did find out that I would be teaching only science.  Sooo, again, I'm got overly excited and over spent money on classroom materials that I don't need.  I ended up spending about $800 on materials for 6th grade.  Problem, most of that materials isn't science.  The day before school opens, I spent moving and setting up things I didn't need.  The books that I had brought down to my classroom had to be sent up to another room so that I could then pick up the science materials.  As for my 6th grade materials purchased from Amazon.com, they are en route.  Next summer, I think I might just rent a storage area to put all the extra materials away.  I feel guilty about being so impulsive, so I don't want to return the things I bought.  A part of me feels that I might raise a red flag if I keep buying and returning large volumes of merchandise.

As for exercising and dieting.  I plan to resume on Monday.  In the past, once I have a fairly confirmed start date for starting (or resuming) a workout routine, I will eat anything (greasy, fattening, or salty) with the idea that I will be starting a new exercise routine.  This time around, I've been trying to avoid the junk food, and watching my portions. Yesterday, when I had a taste for some cake on my way home, I searched the snack rack at a corner delit until I could find a cake that didn't have a lot of calories.  Most of the cakes had over 400 calories.  I settled for a lemon iced cake that had 200 calories.  It was small, but I was pleased with myself for my self-control.  At the moment, my weight seems to be fluctuating between 210lbs ~ 214lbs.

No comments: