Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Star Wars 3 - Revenge of the Sith

Hello pen pal. I thought that I would take a break from the depressing entries about school. Since my Japanese level is so low, I am writing today's blog in English.

Today I went to see Star Wars 3. Usually, I don't like to go to crowded movie theaters. Since Star Wars is a popular movie, I waited a few weeks so that the crowd would be less. Before going to the movies, I stopped at one of the discount ticket booths to buy my ticket. My ticket was 1,350 yen. I think the regular ticket price is 1,800 yen. The movie theater showing Star Wars 3 was about 1/2 empty. I seem to have a little bit of bad luck picking the right seat. Today, an elderly gentleman and his wife sat right behind me. The elderly gentleman (or his wife) had a bit of body odor, so that annoyed me a bit. Also, the volume was too loud. Well, while I'm at it, I was also annoyed at the commercials shown before the movie. I think it was about 15 minutes worth of commercials and previews shown.

About the movie. I thought the movie was very nice. I enjoy SF movies very much, so I liked this movie. I thought the special effects were very, very good. I thought the special effects carried the movie. Without the very good special effects, I don't think Star Wars 3 would have been a good movie. I thought the plot and (some of the acting) was a little bit sloppy. It seemed as if most of the movie was devoted to giving George Lucas a reason to show off what special effects can do now. Only towards the end, did the movie realize that there were loose ends that needed to be tied up. For example, the Anakin character spends most of the movie good motivated by high standards. However, around the last 15 or 20 minutes of the movie, he suddenly turns evil(not bad, but evil). Strange!? Since some people may have not seen the movie (or are waiting for the DVD), I won't give any specifics about the movie. Overall, I enjoyed the movie for its special effects.

After the movie, I made a quick run to the bank, then I went over to Kinokuniya bookstore. I wanted to buy "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"(book 7), but it was not out in paperback yet, so I bought the book "The Da Vinci Code". I also bought a couple of issues of the manga "Dragon Ball Z"(#3 & #4). Later, I went to McDonald's for dinner. After returning home, I made a quick run to a couple of stores for the usual (milk, juice, bread, & cereal). After finishing this blog entry, I'll relax in the bath.

No comments: