Thursday, August 11, 2005

State of Boredom

The story has changed a little. Now it is throwing technical words like there is no tomorrow. I feel like I am reading a science textbook. In the last chapter I read, there were about 4 charts. Also, in the back of the book, there is a 16-page bibliography. And...about a 7 page Appendix! The author wants to show that he did his research about the topic of global warming.

Another problem with the book is the author's writing style. In my opinion, he seems to be telegraphing the characters actions and thoughts too much.

Since I paid for the book, (being the cheapskate that I am) I intend to finish the book whether I like the book or not.

Oh...remember the couple of killings I mentioned at the beginning. It turns out the victims in the story were killed with posion from living baby octopus(I think). I peeked ahead near the end of the book.

No comments: