Monday, October 03, 2005


October 2, 2005 Another blog entry. About midday, I decided to go for a walk. I was bored, not angry. Luckily, everyone seemed the forget t he arguing this morning. About the walk. At first, I was a little tired from the Friday walk around Central Park Reservoir, so I decided to take the bus downtown and then walk back. As I was riding the city bus, I was enjoying the great weather that I did not want to get off of the bus. However, I realized that if I did not get off of the bus, I would have a very long way to walk. I rode the bus down 5th avenue and got off at 74th street and 5th avenue – the east side of Central Park. I though that I would be tired, but the weather was so great, that I really enjoyed the walk. I started at 74th street on the east side. I walked through Central Park to the west side, and I walked down 7th avenue. At 125th street, I found a internet café. I stayed at the internet café for 30 minutes, did some window shopping (I bought 2 long-sleeved shirts), and then I returned home. I hadn’t eaten lunch, so I was very hungry. Lucky for me, my foster father’s lady friend cooked dinner, so I was able to eat without cooking. Also, my foster father wants his grandson to share some of the responsibilities, so Fridays thru Mondays, his grandson has to wash the dishes. After I ate, I washed my own dishes, as a dishwasher, I know what it feels like when others leave their dirty dishes for me to wash, so I am not going to do it to someone else. After washing my dish, I noticed that we were out of butter, so I walked to the store to buy some butter. I was surprised; I was not tired from walking. Strange, I seem (I hope) to be going back to my old self. The last few months in Japan, it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to walk long distances. The way I felt today, I think that I could have easily walked from 42nd street to 135th street.

The day started lousy, but it turned into a very nice day!