Saturday, October 08, 2005

October 6, 2005

I walked to an internet café on 125th street to download a copy of my credit report from the big 3 credit reporting agencies. Here in New York, a new law was passed allowing residents one free copy of their credit report each year. But, you have to request the reports. After downloading my credit reports, I went to a sandwich shop for lunch. Not the best lunch. The guy behind the counter cut up so many onions that my eyes and his were tearing up. After lunch, since the weather was so nice, I decided to walk around the perimeter of Central Park. From 125th street, I walked to 110th street and 8th avenue (the Northwest corner of Central Park). From 110th street, I walked along 8th avenue to 59th street (the southwest corner). I walked along 59th street to 5th avenue (the southeast corner). From there, I walked down 5th avenue to 110th street (the northeast corner of Central Park). And finally, I walked to the public bathroom at the Discovery Center in Central Park (about midway between 5th avenue and 8th avenue. The only bathroom during this walking trip. Here in New York, public bathrooms are extremely rare. I walked home from there. In total, I walked about 3 hours (including the stops for taking photos along the way). Since I don’t know how to upload (or the blog site won’t allow) multiple photos on this blog, I will put the photos on my other web site. The photos are mostly of the statures around the perimeter of Central Park. The photos should be up in a few days.