Wednesday, December 28, 2005


Yesterday I finally received my rowing machine. You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this machine. There is a whole story that goes with this machine, but in trying to keep with my new resolution, I am going to try to keep this short. Below is a cut and paste from an e-mail that I’d written. I can save a little time by cutting and pasting it below.

…A little bit of background information might help you understand my situation.
*I made a full payment by check.
*Although the check was cashed, about 2 weeks after it was cashed, I was still receiving messages on my account saying that they were still waiting to receive payment.
*They gave me 3 different delivery dates (each one came and went).
*I was told that there was a “glitch” in their computer system, and with a five dollar gift certificate, I should please be patient.
*After waiting about another week, I just canceled the order; it was then that they told me the item was out of stock.
*In total, it was almost about a 2 month run around.
For me, it was highly annoying day by day coming home wondering when and if the item would be there. I find that as I get older the abundance of patience that I once had slowly dissipating.

With the above episode over, I searched the internet, and I found another rowing machine. Why did I choose a rowing machine? I wanted a machine that would let a homebody (someone who does not like going out) like me to exercise in front of the TV.
For about the last three years (off and on), I’ve been leading a fairly sedentary life-style. That year – I was in Japan. I was paid to sit in the teacher’s room from 8:30 to 5pm (Monday thru Friday), even though kids were on summer vacation. Since the school paid for an English teacher, I guess they were determined to have an English teacher. Basically, I was the only one in the school (not including the old lady who gave me coffee each morning, and the principal, and the few teachers who would occasionally come in to read newspapers, chat or work?!?!).

Sorry, I am getting sidetracked. Basically, from then on, my life (professionally and personally) has been on a slow decline. For the most part, it has been my fault. Starting with the exercising, my New Year’s resolution is to get back on track. With this blog, I am hoping that by putting my plans (and actions) in writing, it will motivate me to do something to turn my life around.

Well, I was planning to write about my rowing machine, but I am going to stop here, so that I don’t turn this entry into a 2 hour ranting. Ja mata…

P.S. – The last couple of times, I’ve tried to post more than one photo, but I have not been successful, so I have to limit myself to having only one attachment. The photo is the completed rowing machine. It took me about a couple of hours to put it together. I would have finished sooner if I was not watching TV at the time (also if I had the correct tools).

END ========================================================