Friday, January 06, 2006

Hello Pen pal. A quick entry. Yesterday I had a very easy schedule at school. I was in the S.A.V.E room for the day with 2 students. Basically, S.A.V.E. is a fancy name for in school detention. Teachers are suppose to send work for the student (from their class) who has detention. The students are suppose to work (independently) on the assignments given. Of course, rarely do they work independently. However, yesterday’s group (of 2) was okay. The day before yesterday, however, was a different story. I had a group of 3 students. They laugh, played, and sang songs (in Spanish). I could go on, but I would rather go onto something a little bit more positive.

Yesterday, during my (last period) prep – When I don’t need to make preparations for lessons, then (in my opinion) last period preps are the best. I decided to look through the newspaper for available (cheap) rooms. I came across an ad for a small kitchenette. There was no price listed – and I was not exactly sure what a kitchenette was. I did have a vague idea of a kitchenette, but when it comes to advertisements, definitions can (and usually do) take on alternate meanings. I “room with a park view” could be a room with a view of a parked car.

Anyway, since I had time to kill. I decided to call, just out of curiosity. To make a long story short, the person was a woman interested in rent out a part of her brownstone. She said that the previous tenant was a slob who didn’t appreciate the room. When I told her that I couldn’t afford to pay security and a month’s rent at this moment, she said that she would think about renting the room to me. I gave her the school phone numbers of two schools that I worked at. It is a long shot, but long shots are better than no shots. Yes, that sounds pretty corny.

Well, that is about it. Although today is Saturday, I will back date this entry for yesterday. Why? If I post more than one entry in a day, the last entry will appear first. Therefore, if I post an entry about today’s activities, then you (the reader) would be reading today’s entry first, then…...

Never mind the explanation; I was just being a bit of a perfectionist.

END ========================================================