Wednesday, January 04, 2006

January 4, 2006

Hello Pen pal. It has been a few days so just a quick update (I hope). Do you remember the entry I wrote about awhile back about a teacher who I thought was incredibly rude. She'd mentioned that I would enjoy having her class if she were ever out sick? Well, yesterday she was out sick, and I had her class. The result? She was correct. I really enjoyed subbing for her. Her class was very focused; her students (relatively speaking) were very independent. Yesterday was the first time in a very, very long time, I was able to have a stress free day. I did not have to yell once.

Onto another topic (briefly, I hope).

In the previous blog entry, I mentioned that I was planning to move out and find a place of my own. I searched the newspaper and found a room being offered in Brooklyn for $120 per week; I would have to share kitchen and the bathroom. I called the phone number listed. I was told the room would be available, but I would have to act quickly. I was told that I would need to bring a deposit ($120, security [$120], and a broker’s fee [$120]) to get the room. In total, I needed to have $360 to get the room if I liked what I saw when I went to see the place. I was given an appointment to see the place today. I was also told to call before I came. I was very excited! I searched the internet for information about the neighbor (ie nearest public transportation, banks, stores etc…). So, what was the result? I called today and I was told, “Sorry, the room is uninhabitable”.

END ========================================================