Tuesday, January 31, 2006


January 30, 2006
Well, how was my first night in my shoe box? Well, I have to admit I enjoyed it. I slept on the leftover mattress. With the full size mattress on the floor, there was no place to walk around. On closer inspection of the closet, the rod was poorly attached, and poorly measured (to compensate a block of wood was attached with a screw and the rod was attached to the block). Despite the little things, I did enjoy the first night. Sorry, it is late. I haven’t eaten lunch, and I haven’t eaten dinner. Last night after picking up some clothes, I got on the wrong train. I ended up getting home at 10pm. After ironing, and putting things in order, I went to bed about 2am. And, I had to get up at 5:30am.

I tried to visit the local internet café, but all of the computers were in use. After shopping for a few things, I returned to my foster father’s apartment (debating whether to go to my room or not). After a couple of hours of trying to relax and write a blog entry, I realize that I should go.

Until next time…

January 31, 2006
I finally got a computer at the local internet café. I am starting to fall asleep at this computer terminal, so I better keep this short.

Today, I was given a sixth grade class to teach. The day went okay. Now, I am going to stop by a copy center to make some copies, just in case I am given the same class again tomorrow. Luckily, carrying 15 (or 20) pounds of worksheets paid off today. Even though I only found about the 6th grade class about 10 minutes before picking up the class, I had more than enough worksheets to keep the students busy. I think being relatively prepared made the day less stressful.

This morning, I finally took a photo of my shoe box. Once I transfer the photo from my camera, I will post the photo.

I am sure some of you might be thinking, “ I wonder how long it will be before the complaints start to fall like rain". At the moment, I am still enjoying the room (and the freedom). I am also enjoying sharing a kitchen and bathroom in an apartment where everyone seems to keep out of sight. Now, if they would only be a little bit neater. I like a clean living space. Unfortunately, a couple of my housemates don’t seem to share my cleaning philosophy. How soon should the new guy start leaving polite notes to his housemates about cleaning up after themselves? The trash had been sitting in the kitchen for at least 3 days; the same can be said for the dishes in the sink. I am seeing more and more little roaches crawling around the kitchen. I am sure it will only be a matter of time before I see the mice. I got tired of seeing the trash, so I took out the days old trash yesterday evening. As for the dishes I think I might wash them once, then start piling the dirty dishes (in the future) on the counter. At the moment, there are so many dishes that I can barely put my cup under the faucet.

Now, I am fighting sleep, so I better end this. Ja mata…