Thursday, May 18, 2006


And the saga continues. My neighbors (the guy and his girlfriend [the screamer]) had another fight. How did it start? The boyfriend left the room without waking up the Screamer. The fight started about 11:30pm (May 17th) with a phone call:*

*This is the conversation I heard from my room. The young lady was talking on the phone with her boyfriend. The dialog below is the young lady’s part of the conversation. Obviously, I couldn’t hear what the boyfriend was saying on the other end of the phone call.

“How could you f**king leaving without waking me?”
“I don’t care.” You left without telling me where you were going.
Don’t come back. I am locking your f**king a** out. (forget the fact that it is his room, and he pays the rent).

About 15 minutes later the boyfriend came home, and the Screamer…starts screaming. She goes on for about 10 to 15 minutes. I’m in the hall (not sure what to do), a neighbor from upstairs comes down tells me to relax “that is the way she is”. Then my other neighbor (on my floor) Mr. 40+ comes out of his room, and says the same thing, “just ignore it. While the 3 of us are in the hallway (right outside my room) the upstairs guy explains that he knows all about me. The guy (the screamers boyfriend) told him all about me. Apparently, I am the guy that will listen to the young lady screaming and think that she is getting beaten and call the police. They (the police) would listen to me and have the guy arrested.

Now that there is an audience, the screamer kicks it up a notch; she comes out of her room screaming hysterically running into the bathroom. The boyfriend is now cursing at us (the audience in the hall) to mind our f**king business. He then alternates screaming at us (the audience) to go back in our rooms and mind our f**king business and yelling at his girlfriend he has money and doesn’t need her.

Not knowing what to do, I go wash my dishes. The other hallway audience members return to their respective rooms (I think).

About 10 minutes later, the screamer comes into the kitchen calm, pleasant just a little bit nervous. She asks if I can please do her a favor. Someone had called the police.

What was the favor?

She asked me to not open the door. I told her that I couldn’t do that. She then asked me to say that I didn’t hear anything. Again, I told her I couldn’t do that. I (tried to) explain to her that the police are law enforcement officers, I am going to look pretty stupid saying I did not hear anything.

Now, if the police had come in to talk to me, I would have told them exactly what I type here (minus the dialog). As I have mentioned in previous entries, the couple (seems to me) to be incredibly immature. The look on the young lady’s face was (to me) one of a child) who got caught doing something wrong, but not knowing what to do.

Now, it is very quiet. How do I feel now? Actually, I am feeling a little pleased with myself. Although I wanted to ignore the fight (pretend that I did not hear anything), I believed that providing an audience, with make the combatants (or should I say performers) think about their next encounter. Unfortunately, I am sure there will be a next time. But I hope they will at least keep the drama to a minimum. I think the screamer was a little scared that someone called the police on the little drama that she has participated in for months. If I am not mistaken, tonight was the first time the police were called. I am hoping the couple will mature (at least a little).

Attached is a photo of the hallway, that is my room with the opened door. The couple has the room closest to the main door, and Mr. 40+ has the room in the middle.

Post Date Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:47pm

No comments: