Thursday, January 25, 2007

January 23, 2007

Elegant Dining. Nice, but not what I was expecting. Today, was the elegant dining reward for those students who had perfect attendance for the month of December. I (and a couple of other teachers) did not hear about the details of the trip until 10am. The students who would be attending would need to be down stairs about 10:15am The trip was okay, but not too well thought out.

About ……

January 25, 2007

Sorry, I fell asleep at the computer while I was typing the above blog entry. Rather than try to pretend and try to complete it, I am just going to leave it as is. Long story short. About 80 kids were able to attend a trip to a regular McDonalds. So many, that my group had to wait in a nearby park for about 30 minutes.

There is not much to write about. This week like so many other weeks, was mainly me playing procrastinating and catch-up. This evening was the first time (in a very long time) I did not procrastinate. I came home (about 6:30pm), I micro waved my dinner. I ate, washed the dishes (that had been sitting in the sink for almost a week). I took out the trash and did my lesson plans for tomorrow. Oh, for dinner, I had leftover yellow rice, green beans, and breaded fish.

A couple of weeks ago (see previous blog entry), I wrote about a big food shopping trip. Well, a couple of the things I bought were a couple of pre-cooked frozen meats (chicken and a pack of chicken). My thinking then was that if I had the food, I could come home tired, and hungry and could have a full dinner in a matter of minutes. Today was the first time I was able to try it out. I need to stop eating on the run. I don’t think I mentioned this, but recently, I’ve had to put away my skinner pants (waist size 34), and return to my regular size (waist 38). I’ve been stressing, eating, and pushing myself to very unhealthy limits. The result was that I’ve gained my weight back. Lately, I’ve been too stressed and tired to do much of anything, but eat junk food, drink juice, and surf the internet until early hours in the morning (only to get up about 6 in the morning). There were times I was getting about 2 or 3 hours of sleep only to spend the next day, yelling, standing and stressing myself out. I hope this evening is the beginning of a new better chapter in my life.

Last night I could not get online to check my e-mail. I wasn’t too stressed out because I had not received new mail in weeks (if not months), I just surfed the net. This morning I did a quick check only to discover a couple of e-mails. Both were a response to an ad that I’d place a while ago (seeking a walking friend). Who knows, I might be able to do some walking on the weekends, instead of sleeping the weekend away. However, to do any walking, I will have to get organized. Well, I better end this entry now so that I can go online, post it, answer those e-mails, and call it a night. No surfing this evening.

No comments: