Friday, January 26, 2007

Two here and there. I made it to another weekend with the goal of getting organized. I just got home a few minutes ago (about 9:17pm). I am writing this blog entry before I log online. I computer tends to disconnect from the internet rather easily now that it is slowly breaking down. Anyway…

Today was another day fairly similar to all the other. About 4 of my students were absent (including my most hyper one), the day was okay. My plan was to leave school about 5pm, but I ended up leaving about 7:30pm. Today was an early dismissal for students and staff (2:20). The sane staff members not doing after-school were out of the building about 2:30. From 2:30 to about 3pm, I attended a UFT meeting. From 3 to about 4 I was just bone tired and did not do much of anything. Only at about 6pm, did I get the strength to do a little bit of packing, vacuuming, and a little bit of preplanning for next week’s lessons. I love my copy machine. Is it possible for a man to love a machine? I love being able to print out a quiz or indoor assignment at a moments notice. Well, before I left for the weekend, I printed out a couple of chapters from various teacher’s manuals, so that I would not have to carry the textbooks to and fro. I still had a shopping cart full of ungraded papers, other planning materials, so I was still doing my imitation of a pack mule.

After leaving school at about 7:40pm, my plan was to catch the 8:20 Metro-North train in the Bronx. That meant about a 10 walk to the 125th train, and about a 5 minute wait for the #1 Bronx bound train. Next is about a 20 minute train ride. At 225th street, I have about a 2 to 3 minute walk to the Metro-North train station…that is to say…when everything goes right. Tonight was one of those evenings when the trains were not on schedule. As I walked to the 125th station, I see about 3 trains coming one after another. I arrived on the platform, and I waited…and waited… and waited.

I waited about 12 to 15 minutes for the #1 train. Near the end of my ride (about 2 stops from where I would have gotten off), the train I’m on decides to skip the next two stops. Most of the people get off at the 207 st. station (skipping stops 215th st. and 225th st [my stop]). A couple of minutes, another train comes. I arrived at my stop at 8:22…two minutes after the Metro-North left.

I ate dinner at Subways restaurant. I ate the footlong chicken teriyaki sub meal. After eating, I went to McDonald down the street to buy a couple of apple pies. The Subway’s apple pies are more expensive (about $1.50 or $1.70 for one). At McDonald, you can get two pies for $1.08 (including taxes). I ate one pie while I waited for my computer to boot up (it is very slow), and I am about to eat the other pie while I logonto the internet. Again, that is slow as well.

Well, I just felt my first slight doze, so I’d better post this blog entry before I fall asleep.

]
[
]
[
]

I just logged online and checked my e-mail. Wow, there were 3 new e-mails in my inbox.

No comments: