Monday, January 22, 2007

The procrastinator strikes again. Another stress-filled day of being referee, bodyguard, babysitter, entertainer, servant, etc…oh, and teacher. Today, I was sure I would be out of the building by 4pm. I had it all planned out. I almost succeeded, until I answered a parent’s e-mail. That threw off my plan. Before I knew it, I was leaving the building at 6:44. I went to the bank, then I went to Staples to buy some golf pencils. The stubby pencils are my poor solution to kids who keep losing pencils. In Staples, I bought two packs of 12 dozen pencils, a pack of 100 sheet transparency for the overhead projector, and one small $1.29 handheld pencil sharpener. The total amount…about $54 dollars.

I took the bus back across 125th street to the west side, to transfer to the subway, to get to the Metro-North Station in the Bronx. Since I missed the 8:20 train by about a minute, I had to wait for the 9pm train. I had dinner at Subway’s restaurant. I arrived home around 9:15pm. To unwind, I finished the Doritos from my Subway meal deal. And now I am writing this blog entry. I have to end this now and go grade some papers. I should be in bed by 11 or 12am.

Tomorrow, my school is having a reward for those students that have perfect attendance. Usually, those perfect attendancers would receive a school lunch served to them by the upper grade students. The meal is called “elegant dining”. Tomorrow, the students with perfect attendance with being having “elegant dining” at a local McDonald’s.

No comments: