Monday, May 26, 2008

May 26th
The Memorial Day of a Hermit. Not much to write about so this should not take long. Today is Memorial Day, I spent it pretty much the same way I've done other day offs...I slept most of it away. While my bathwater was running, I got online telling myself that I would only stay online for a few minutes. About an hour later, I was still online when my epal called to say hello. After the phone call, I decided to get offline and get in the bath. After relaxing in the bath, I was back asleep in bed. At about 3PM, I decided to get up and do my lesson planning for this week. Since it was a four-day work week, with tomorrow being a trip day, I actually was able to complete most of my planning. It has been a long time since I've done a plan for the week. Lately, I've been so out of it, with one deadline overlapping another. And letting stress take over my apartment and my life. Anyway, I managed to do about 85% of my lesson plans. It isn't completed, but I still feel like I've accomplished something. If I am lucky, I will be able to fill in the gaps tomorrow. And if I am really lucky, I will be able to complete my lesson plans for next week by Friday. I would be really nice to leave school on Friday with no planning to do over the weekend. We'll see if I succeed.

After I was finished as much as I was going to do with my lesson plans, I did my laundry. Since I did not do my laundry last weekend, I had 4 loads to wash (two white loads and two color loads).

Now what I need to do is complete my homework sheet for this week. I already have a pretty good idea of the assignments with be, so I really don't think it will take long. My goal is to be in bed by 10:30PM or 11PM. Tomorrow, I want to catch my early train so that I can arrive in school about 7:15AM. I want to photocopy some assignments for those kids not going on the class trip tomorrow. I also want to make the copies for the homework assignments on the faculty copier instead of my personal copier. My ink is running low, so I ordered another cartridge from Staples online. I also ordered an electric pencil sharpener for myself. My students will still use the manual pencil sharpener. I like the manual sharpener for my students because it cuts down on playing with and around the pencil sharpener. However, I'm sick of the manual. I spent about $231 at Staples.com. I finally figured out how to do a hyper link.

Well, I better go. It is almost 10PM already.


Completion Date - Monday, May 26, 2008 9:51PM
Post Date - Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:49PM

No comments: