Sunday, February 15, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

Today was Valentine's Day. I joined one of those online social networking groups. There are many different kinds of groups. This group was a dinner and a movie group. I thought the event was nice. Once again, the group organizer went well above the call of "hosting" duties. A gift bag was given to each attendee.

About the movie. There were about 6 of us, we went to see the movie Slumdog Millionaire. I'm not really a fan of dramas, but I enjoyed this movie. There were parts that were a bit intense, but there was an over all positiveness to the movie. I also liked the cultural aspect. I learned a bit about Indian culture. The theater was packed with only a couple of seats available. The buzz seems to have gotten people's attention. The restaurant pricing range was moderate to a bit expensive. They changed the menu, so I could not order my regular. There was not much of a selection, so I fell back on "ol reliable"; I had a hamburger, fries and a 12oz. orange juice. My bill came to about $15. Oh, I almost forgot. We were lucky that we had a couple of no-shows. The restaurant had a very "narrow" view of space reserved for 9 people. It was a tight squeeze for the 6 of us. About the attendees. Again, the group was a nice friendly bunch.

The host of the group offered to drop a couple of us off at the train station, at first I said yes, but then I changed my mind. I should have accepted the ride. The result? The trains were on a work schedule. I took the express train, but the final transfer station was closed so I had to stay on the train to the next stop, then transfer to a train going back downtown two stops, and then finally take a local train. It took me about two hours to get home.


Post Date - Sunday, February 15, 2009 2:51AM

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I've wanted to see this movie for awhile. It sounds like something I'd dig.