Sunday, February 01, 2009

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Weekend is just about over. This weekend I decided to do something (other than sleep my Saturday away. I went to the mall. My plan was to buy a new pair of shoes. Lately, my right foot has been hurting. I'm thinking (and hoping) that the cause of the pain was the shoes.

I also wanted to go see a movie. To many times, I waste my weekends away with the worry about things that need to be done for work. I worry (and procrastinate)to the point of accomplishing nothing. This weekend, my goal was to do something fun (like see a movie), and spend Sunday doing my regular Sunday errands.

I arrived at the mall about 12:15pm. The only movie playing at a good time was "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans". Since I took the bus there, I had to make sure that I would be able to be at the bus stop in time.

I bought the 12:30pm ticket. Then, I went the Barns and Nobles. I bought about $65 dollars worth of books
Thunderbolts
Shadowpact
Teen Titans & Outsiders team-up
Human Anatomy (a book of Four 96-piece jigsaw puzzles)*
*I might go back and get the Mythical Monsters puzzle book next time.

So, how was the movie. It was okay. Not great, but the movie was entertaining. I didn't like the ending. Without giving away the ending, I'll just say that it was one of those typical "B Movie endings". The vengence fight ends "half done" and sloppy at that. I was also a bit annoyed at one of the movie goers in the theater. The movie theater had about 10 people in it. The guy arrived and the very first thing he does is put his feet up on the chairs in front of him. He was about 4 rows ahead of me. Later, that same guy waited until the end to talk on his cell phone. since he wasn't getting good reception in his seat, he stands in the aisle to finish his conversation. Problem? I was sitting in the back row to the left of the aisle, meaning the guy was right in my line of sight. When I call out, "excuse me", the best the guy could do was crouch and continue finishing his phone conversation. I ended up missing the end monolog of the movie.

After the movie, I was planning to eat at Panda Express only to find that it was gone. No more Panda Express in the mall. those who have read my previous blog entries, know how much I like Panda Express. I settled for buying lunch at a Japanese place at the food court. I think the place was "Oishii Japanese". I ordered the day's special Shrimp Tariyaki. The food was okay. I left feeling not full.

After lunch, I want to Modells (a local sports equipment and apparal chain). I bought a pair of sneakers. Then, I went to JCPenny to buy a pair of dress shoes.

Once home, I stopped by the local Chinese food takeout restaurant for dinner. And with a pint of Haggen Daz, that was the end of my day.

Post Date - Sunday, February 1, 2009 10:44AM

2 comments:

Jeff said...

It's good to see that you're all caught up to present day on your blog! Sorry I hadn't been around in a long time--was so busy for so long. Now I'm just back to my "normal" busy-ness.

Jannx said...

Hello Jeff. Thanks for the comment. Actually, I haven't caught up, I've just been too lazy to dig up the 6 or 7 entries in my Blogger draft folder.