Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Cloud Above

Since I'm up, I might as well stay up...again. On Monday, I finally started cleaning my living room. Mainly, I was focused on removing the months (yes months) worth of newspapers piled up, boxes packing materials from things bought, and of course papers, lots of papers. Well, after sleeping most of the day away, I finally got started with cleaning. By 10PM, I was finished with the preliminary clean (more trash removal, sorting of items and materials). My living room is still messy, but now they are tidy messes (a pile of papers here, a pile of electronic stuff there, and pile of mail [opened and unopened] over there.

By the time I finished emails and online chatting, it was about 2AM. I went to bed about 2:30AM. Imagine my surprised when I woke up at 5AM not feeling bone tired. I was up and out at 6AM. I arrived at school at 6:50AM.

In the evening, I went for college orientation. After about a 90 minute presentation, it was time to register. It was then that I found out that I would have to redo the entire Masters program I had suspended about 15 years ago. I never really thought about college. In my mind I just assumed that I would pick up where I left off. Even my acceptance letter seem to suggest that I only needed to finish up with 12 credits. I could go into details of how my "advisor" kept mixing my details up with the other guy he was talking to, but when all is said and done, I will have to redo the Masters Program. I did mention that if someone had told me, I could have thought more carefully about what Master's program I would do. Retaking almost all of my classes over doesn't have much appeal. It would have been nice to switch to a school administration program, but my school doesn't have one. Having completed the application process with days before college classes start, and about 1.5 years before my teaching license expires, I can't do anything but stay where I am. And hopefully, learn a lesson about quiting,...

...but I probably didn't.

Post Date - Wednesday, January 20, 2009 5:02AM

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Why the insomnia? Good luck with that. Ever think of a shot of whiskey? :)

Jannx said...

Not insomnia, just chronic procrastination.

No, whiskey never entered my mind. I am fortunate to never have had any urges to look for solutions in a bottle of alcohol or pills. But if I do, I'll think about trying whiskey. :)

Jeff said...

:) I was only kidding, I hope you know!

Jannx said...

Yes, I knew you were kidding. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of a funny or even an interesting response. Sorry, if you got the impression that this guy is waaay too uptight.