Saturday, October 01, 2011

Results

I woke up this morning (Friday) and checked my Polar Bear Cooler.  It was about 8 hours later.  No, the ice didn't last.  It was just about melted.  However, I was pleased with the results.  Deep-down inside I wasn't expecting it to keep the ice for 24 hours -- that was just wishful thinking.  But, I did like that the condensation was kept down.  I put in a room temperature bottle of water, and it was cool to the touch.

Today I went food shopping, but I mostly bought snacks and smaller portions foods.  I'm starting to get the hang of better eating habits.  I still have a very looong way to go, but I think I'm making good progress.  I'm starting to get better at finding better substitutes (for me) that is keeping me from pigging out on junkfood. 

Just some of the new foods I'm liking(getting used to):
Clear Delight Sparkling Beverage (I love this!!!)
Nabisco's 100 calories snack packs (from cookies to Cheez Its)
Weight Watchers Giant Ice Cream Bars
single serving boxes of raisins
Healthy Choices (and old favorite)
Thomas's "Bagel Thins" (110 calories as oppose to 270 calories)
V8 Low Sodium vegetable drink

I'm also getting better at creating substitutes.  For example, I now reuse single-servings plastic bottles to bring orange juice and milk to work.  I think it is cheaper to make my own "single-servings" than to buy a cartoon of juice each day.  The same goes for cereal.  Lately I've been making my own single-servings of cereal (just filling up a sandwich bag half-way with my favorite cereals).  Now, when I'm rushing in the morning to not miss my train, I can eat my cereal on the train, or later in the morning.  I've also gotten into eating fruit.  I put in one or two pieces of fruit (peaches, apples, plums, etc...) along with my drinks and snacks, I'm covered when I have the urge to munch. 

Although the weight loss is slow going, I am making some progress.  I'm starting to lose my beer belly.  Although I'm clearly happy to be losing weight, it is a bit strange to not have my belly to rest my hands on while I'm standing (especially when I'm reading a book). 

Tomorrow (now today), I'll be heading to 42nd Street to see Spiderman the musical "Turn of the Dark". 

No comments: