Wednesday, September 07, 2005

At the hospital....again.

Hello pen pal. This morning, I was not feeling well, so I went to the hospital (in the neighborhood). The chest pain had returned. After several hours, and several tests, the doctors could not find anything wrong. The medical staff were very nice, they all had very good bedside manners. Although, the EKG technician was a little strange. While she was attaching the cords to me, she was talking to the doctor. She was describing how she killed a goat and spread the goat blood on the four corners of the property that her family were planning to build a house to scare away evil spirits. Other than that strange moment, the experience was very relaxing. That is…until the bill arrived. The hospital bill was $375.00 (USD). What was wrong? I can only assume that stress has followed me from Japan. I also think that sleeping in the “dog’s room” did not help. Did I mention that the room I am currently sleeping in was where the dog used to sleep. The dog is long gone, but its hair and food lingers on. Also the old furniture, old papers, broken bike, old clothes, etc…. When I returned home, I told my father that I would not (could not) sleep in the room. When I returned from the hospital, my father realized that the room may not have been a good place to sleep. Although I was a little stressed that my father was planning to move everything this night, but I was able to persuade him to save it until tomorrow. I slept in the living room.

No comments: