Wednesday, September 28, 2005


Missing the full picture…Or, not all there.

For some reason, the photos that I attached to the previous blog entry are not showing. Oh well, I am not the brightest person. In a few days, I will put the photos up on my other web site; yes the one that is in need of a major over-haul. Maybe I’ll attach just one photo (when I have photos to attach) to each blog entry.

It has been a few days since my last entry. There was not much for me to write about. However, I’ll try to do a recap. Mainly, I am still waiting for the Board of Education to call to let me start substitute teaching (at least until I can reapply for my State Teaching License). Unfortunately, I let my license expire. On to the time killing activities.

On Monday, I went food shopping. Strange, for someone without a job, I seemed to be spending money like I am the richest man in the world. I don’t know why, but I was in a little bit of a good mood, and spent more money than I should have spent. In total, I spent about $83.00 on food. A lot of what I bought was what I thought the other people in the household would like to eat.

Okay, you know what? It has been about 3 days, I have forgotten what I was planning to write, so I am not going to even try to pretend. I’ll just mention the points that I wanted to mention and move on from there.

Yesterday, or the day before…actually, it was Monday. My father decided to teach his grandson a lesson about showering, so he has been setting time limits. First it was 30 minutes, then 20, and today it was 15 minutes. I got angry with my father on Monday when he started shouting at his grandson to hurry up and finish in the shower. That shouting has been my wake up call (literally) for the last few days. Monday was the worst. Every 15 minutes or so, my father would shout at his grandson. I would wake up, then drift back to sleep only to have my father shout again. On Monday, I had had enough so I shouted to my father, “would you please stop shouting”. Wow, even when I’m angry, I can still be incredibly polite.

I was about to go into a tangent about the situation here, but I think I should stick to the situations that apply mainly to me. So, I’ll just briefly summarize…………….never mind. I just deleted the last part of this paragraph. How about I write about my day today.

Today, I treated myself to lunch at the soul food restaurant in my neighborhood. Strange (to say the least), I was told that this restaurant is owned by a Chinese company. Also, I was told that Silvia’s (a famous restaurant here in Harlem), is now also owned by a Chinese company. Back to my day.

After lunch, I rode the train downtown to the Brooklyn Bridge. I decided a couple of days ago (one of the things that I forgot to write about) that I would get out and try seeing some of the city that I’ve lived in for most of my life, but I haven’t seen too much of. And, since I have this blog, visiting places in and around the city would give me something to write about. Although I’ve been over the Brooklyn Bridge a few times, I decided to go again.(this time with a camera). My main reason for going downtown was to buy an external floppy drive. When I bought the second-hand computer I am now using, I did not think I would need a floppy. I have a couple of flash memory drives. Unfortunately, the library I go to has to kept up with the rest of the computing world. A the library, the computers will only let the user use a floppy disk to save, everything else is not accessible for the average library customer. And now that I have an external floppy drive, well, it doesn’t matter at the moment. Out of the 6 computers, 4 of them are out of order. And, the computer I was on today was moving so slow, I think it is only a matter of time before that one breaks.

Well, it is getting late. So, just a quick summary. I walked along the Brooklyn Bridge. Then later, I walked to Canal Street, I thought I could find a cheap second-hand floppy drive, but when I started wandering around Chinatown, I decided to walk back to the Brooklyn Bridge area (City Hall) and bought a new floppy drive. And since I could not buy one or two floppy disks, I bought a box of 10 floppy disks. Now, knowing my luck, the library will probably replace the old computers with computers that use flash drives.

After I returned home from the Brooklyn Bridge area, I cooked dinner (beans & rice, mustard greens, and broiled chicken).

Until next time….