Thursday, September 22, 2005

Inside and Outside. Yesterday evening (at home) turned out better than I thought it would. Again, my father’s lady friend did not cook, so I went to the store to buy some steak. Here in the US, steak is much cheaper than in Japan. For dinner, I cooked steak, and I prepared a box of macaroni & cheese. The evening was again fairly calm, no arguing or shouting. The evening went nice, so there is not much to write about.

Oh, I almost forgot. There was a shooting across the street last night. About 10 bullets were fired. After the shooting, the area was full on police cars. One person was killed, one person was arrested, and one person escaped.

And people wondered why I went to Japan!?!?

Today, I did not do much. For some reason I was tired (in a bored kind of way). I mostly just stayed in bed. Around 4pm, I went to the library. Since I don’t have internet connection at home, I have to make appointments to use the computers at the library. Unfortunately, the computers at the library are not in the best condition. At the moment, there are 4 (out of 6) “out of order” computers. Also, the computers don’t let me use my flash drive.

After a fairly wasted session on the computer at the library, I went shopping. My nephew and I are drinking a little too much juice. We’ve been drinking almost a gallon of juice a day. Therefore, I’ve decided to ration the juice. I am going to try to make a gallon last two or three days each.

Since I suspected that my father’s lady friend would probably not cook, I bought some spaghetti sauce and hamburger meat. I planned to mix up some sauce to go with the leftover spaghetti pasta still in the refrigerator. When I arrived, I was correct. There was nothing cooked. So I cooked the sauce.

I watched a little bit of TV on a portable handheld television I bought years ago. Today, I really had to resist the urge to go out and buy a new TV. I’ve been telling myself that I should not be buying anything that is unnecessary until I start working. Even though I have not been working, I seem to be spending money like there is no tomorrow. Mostly, it seems to be food that I am buying. But, I have also been buying things that really could wait (like curtains, small carpet, small AM/FM radio, floor wax etc….).

Tomorrow, I plan to go to ground zero (the former location of the World Trade Center). I’ve been planning to go there for the last couple of weeks. I also plan to go to the Jersey City Mall. Today, I was planning to buy a JCPenny Fall Big Book catalog via the internet. But, since I have nothing to do, why not get out and do something instead of the same neighborhood walk I’ve been doing for the last couple of weeks. Walk to the internet shop, go shopping then return home and cook.

So….let’s see how successful I am. Hmm…writing my plan (as boring as it is) seems to be motivating me to follow through.

Walk to the internet shop to send the (very old e-mails) that have been sitting in my flash drive.
Take a train to ground zero.
Visit the Jersey City Mall to pick up a copy of the JCPenny catalog. I hope I still remember how to get there.
Return home and probably cook dinner.

Now, let’s see how this blog entry compares with tomorrow’s entry.

No comments: