Saturday, September 03, 2005



My, How the Not So Mighty have Fallen further.

Hello Pen pal. Well, I am back in New York City. I am staying at my father's place for the time being. I have attached a photo of the room I'll be staying in for a while. As you can see, my father doesn't really like to throw anything away. He will save anything and everything.

On Wednesday, I left Japan. I was able to get a direct flight from Japan to New York City. Unfortunately, I did not get an aisle seat. When I have an inside seat, I usually wait for the aisle sitter to get up. Unfortunately, the woman only got up twice during the 12 hour ride. The second time she got up, the seatbelt light went on after she got up, so I waited a while longer. By the time the seatbeat light went off, the woman was back in her seat, bag out, under her blanket and asleep. Towards the end of the flight, I stopped waiting and politely asked the woman to ket me pass. Since there was a recent storm, the flight was a little turbulent. But all in all the flight was okay. However, it was extremely cold in the plane. I bought a copy of the latest Harry Potter book. I'd wanted to wait for the paperback edition (cheaper), but I wanted a good read that would help the time to pass.

Back home, the everyone seemed glad to see me. I was suprised by the changes. Not my family (everyone was basically the same), but the neighborhood has begun a major gentrification change. Uptown is starting to look like downtown.

My plan was originally to stay with my father (to save money). Now, however, I am starting to have second thoughts. Rather than go into details (I try to never say anything behind someone's back that I would not say to there face), just compare the photo of my room above with the photo of my room in Japan. I was told that you can can tell a lot about a person from there room.

Well, that is it for the moment. Sorry about the last blog, I was not in a very good mood. Ja mata.....

Oh, what about Kuwait you asked? Short story. I got sick, and I did not want to risk being in a strange country, where I did not know the language, and I had few (if any) friends. Therefore, I decided to stay in Japan!??! Unfortunately, it was too late to change the wheel that was already in motion. What was my sickness? Atrial Fibrillation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.