Wednesday, February 21, 2007

More shopping. I should have been cleaning my room, or grading/organizing papers, but instead, I just wasted the day away. I started off the day watching some daytime TV. Then, I decided to go to the locksmith in the South Bronx to see if I could get the lock from the teacher's desk in my classroom fixed. Unfortunately, students (and a couple of teachers) are a little too comfortable with going in (or on) my desk. One teacher who does small group instruction with me, feels very comfortable with going in my desk (as if it was his own desk) whenever he needs something. Am I being overly anal? Is it wrong to expect a simple request before opening my desk draw (even if it is just for a pencil).

I took the Metro-North to the South Bronx, and then transfered to the NYC Mass transit bus. First I went to the locksmith with the old lock, hoping they would be able to replace the key cylinder, but they told me I would have to buy a new lock (which was okay with me). The lock cost about $8.00.

After the locksmith, I decided to visit my old place (the shoebox). Once again, I forgot my cellphone, so I had to depend on the old fashion method of contact...ring the bell. As I approached the house (I was about two houses away), I could hear the music blasting. I couldn't help but smile. I was so happy to be out of there. I rang the bell. Mr. 40+ answered the door. I asked Mr. 40+ how were things. He motioned to Screamer's door, and the back, saying nothing's changed. He said the hallway was still flooding, and Screamer was still doing her thing.

After the visit, I went to the Pioneer grocery store to buy some boxes of favored Cream of Wheat. For some strange reason, that store is the only one that sells the favored Cream of Wheat. I bought 9 boxes. I rode the bus back to Metro-North. I stopped in Target to buy foot powder. I then rode the Metro-North express back to Yonkers. From Yonkers station, I walked the rest of the way home.

Home, I heated up leftovers, and watched a little bit of TV. I got on my rowing machine for about 40 minutes, and then showered. I am also going to try something new. After I shower, I will do a weigh in to see how I'm doing in the weight loss dept. Without clothes, today I weighed 194.2 pounds, and my BMI (Body Mass Index)was 29.5%. Without clothes, I lost about a pound and I lost about a half of a percentage of BMI. I probably would have lost more if I did not eat half a pack of Oreo doubled stuffed mint cookies.

No comments: