Sunday, February 25, 2007



This has to be very brief and very quick. Today is the last day of my vacation. I managed to finish my lesson plans for the whole week. Now, my goal is to start Tuesday or Wednesday on the next week’s lessons. I want to be finished by Friday. Next Sunday, I signed up for a walking club. Those of you who have been reading this blog know that I’ve written so many times that I am a walker, but I have not been doing any walking. It is time I got my life to together. Hopefully, I can start today.

Today I managed to finish my lesson plans and the homework sheet for the entire week. Around two, I decided to make a quick run to Target in the Bronx. One of the office workers had a housewarming party and gave each teacher a list of things that he wanted. No, I did not need to buy anything, but I thought it would be nice. I bought a $25 gift certificate. I then took the express Metro-North back to Yonkers. In Yonkers, I went to the big supermarket to get a gallon of Fat Free milk (used to be called skim milk) and frozen vegetables. I then went to the 5 & 10 imitation store to buy a pair of boots. There is a snow storm suppose to be on the way. If you read my previous blog entries, you know I bought a pair of casual dress shoes. I would not be a happy camper to wear my new shoes in a snow storm. After the shoes, I walked back home.

At home, I divided up the meat that I’d bought days ago into smaller bags. It is cheaper to buy family packs and divide them and freeze them. I then put in some chicken in the oven. I just printed my homework sheet. My plan is to now log online to post this blog entry (I write offline then connect to the internet). I will try to do 30 minutes on my rowing machine. I did not row last night. I was too stressed trying to finish up my lesson plans. Hopefully, I can do the 30 minutes tonight. I really have to force myself. I already missed one day and school has not started yet. If I am really going to get rid of this spare tire, I will have to find the time to row. After rowing, I would like to soak in the tub, but showering is probably better. I will eat dinner. While I am watching TV, I will iron my shirts and slacks for the whole week. I will need to pack my things for tomorrow, then it is bedtime. I want to try to be in bed by 10 (no later than 10:30), I will probably need to take the 6:23am train tomorrow.

Results tomorrow.


----------------------------

I tried to post the above blog is evening, but my computer crashed again. I know I need a new computer, I just hope this one last until I do. Before I try posting this again, I can add more.

After the first posting attempt, I got on my rowing machine for 45 minutes. I showered and ate dinner. I had bake chicken, ready to eat rice (just microwave and eat), and broccoli. After eating, I tried to watch TV and iron, but once the TV was on, I became a zombie, so I had to turn off the TV. I was not able to iron my clothes for the whole week, but I did do tomorrow’s clothes. See attached photo. My clothes are laid out, and my shopping cart is packed. Hopefully, if things go well, I will no longer need to use a shopping cart to drag books and things back and forth.

Finally, my weigh in. After showering (and before eating) I weighed myself.

Wt. – 190.2 lbs. / BMI – 27.5%

A few minutes ago, I weighed myself again (about 2 hours after eating dinner). The scale showed 194.6 for the weight. I don’t know the BMI. My scale can be programmed for up to two users. When I push the select button for the preprogrammed feature, it remembers the last weigh in. I did not want to mess up my 190 weight. Yes, I know weighing myself after exercising (but before eating) is not the best time to weigh myself, but I feel good about seeing the pounds low. Once I get into a regular routine, I will weigh myself at a better time. Right now, I need all the help I can get.
Now, I better go. It is almost 10pm. I want to be in bed by 10:30pm.

No comments: