Monday, February 26, 2007

Well, first day back from the winter break. I thought that after a week of laying around and doing almost nothing, I would have at least a week (or maybe two) before I started feeling stressed out. Well, I lasted for about 2 hours, before the chest aches and headaches returned. Basically the same old nonsense, so I am not going to waste time writing about here.

This morning I was up about 5:30. I was in bed about 11pm last night (internet). Tonight, I am going to try again for a 10:30 bedtime.

Anyway, I tried out my 16oz Styrofoam cups I bought at the 99 cent store. They were great. The plastic lids fit nice and tight. I made cream of wheat (strawberry flavored) and green tea in the cups, put the lids on, and then put the cups in a plastic baggie closed with a twist tie; I then put sealed breakfast in a plastic shopping bag (and tied a knot in that). I ate the cream of wheat on the train, but the tea was too hot. I was amazed how hot the tea stayed. I did not drink the tea until I was in my classroom (and it was still very warm).

I left the school building about 5:30 exhausted. At Marble Hill (before catching my train to Yonkers), I ate dinner at Subways. I ordered the 6 inch chicken teriyaki sandwich. Much to my surprised, I only ate half of the sandwich. I didn’t eat the chips (baked not fried) that came with the meal. By 6:50, I was home. And by 7:10, I was on my rowing machine. I rowed about 45 minutes. I was very tired, and really did not feel like rowing, but I knew that if I did not get on, I would probably not get on again…at least not until the next vacation break (April). Oh, if there are any people out there that think teachers have too many holidays, just stop, look and listen to the kids (and the parents) you see and hear in the street and on the trains. Now, imagine a room full of them.

Finally, I showered after rowing. I ironed my clothes for tomorrow. Oh, I changed back to using a backpack. I'm tired of dragging that shopping cart to and from school.

Wt. – 191.4 lbs. / BMI – 27.3%

No comments: