Monday, November 26, 2007

Relatively nice day. I had 6 kids out today. Also, due to the school-wide perfect attendance reward, I also lost another 6 kids who went on a mini fieldtrip. For most of the day, I had 6 kids. Nice, but that group included: Beady, Sticky fingers (who by the way got caught trying to steal candy from her literacy teacher's desk [Ms. Across the Hall]). The others 3 were also hyper in their own ways, but I haven't given them names yet. Of the group of 6 only one was a true joy to have in class.

After school, my plan was to be out of school by 5PM, but old habits...you know the rest. I ended up leaving school about 6:30PM. Since I had about 20 minutes for my MN train, I went to the nearby Chinese takeout place. I ordered beef with broccoli. I got home about 7:34PM. The first thing I did was to take a shower, so that I would be ready for bed. In the past, I would jump online almost as soon as I walk through the door. I was hoping for a 10:30PM bedtime, but I will have to settle for 11:30PM bedtime.

Tomorrow is my formal observation. Before I started this blog, I checked a teacher's resource website for differentiated materials. After about an hour browsing, I accepted that I was better off just using the materials I have in class. So far, I am getting the impression that I wasted my money joining that website.

Also, before this blog, I typed up a worksheet for my literacy group (of mostly 4th and 55th graders reading on a second grade reading level. The activity from the anthology text being used called for the students to write a message to someone they wanted to give a hug to. The story read in class was, "Willie's Not the Hugging Kind". It is about a boy who wants huggs but is afraid of looking silly. To "add some meat to the bone", I asked my students to give me 3 paragraphs explaining who they wanted to give a hug to and why(also giving one detailed explanation of a specific incident (or time) when that person showed you kindness.

Well, I better go. Tomorrow, I want to try to make my early train so that I can arrive early for class.

Oh, one last thing. Does anyone else listen to channel 106.7FM on the radio. That used to be my favorite channel, but recently, they switched to a Christmas music channel. Very, very annoying! Now, I've had to switch to WKTU.


Post Date - Monday, November 26, 2007 11:38PM.

No comments: