Wednesday, November 21, 2007


Well, I made it to another weekend. This one is a four-day weekend, also carrying the hope of me getting organized. I will be at my father's place for Thanksgiving. My plan is to do some lesson planning there. My goal is to make Thursday and Friday school work days, and Saturday and Sunday "me" work days(shopping and cleaning). I'm am trying again for a months worth of lesson plans along with homework sheets for four or five weeks.

About my "Turkey" bulletin board. I only got one compliment(from Ms. Across the Hall). I did see a couple of teachers sort of looking at it indirectly, but neither said anything. I think the bulletin board came out better than I thought it would, but I still think that it isn't one of my better displays.

My work day. No real drama. With about 2 hours of sleep (5 if you count the crash and burned sleep after dinner), I missed my morning train. I managed to get ready, dress with my coat on, when I looked at my watch. I had about a minute to run to the train. However, I did not feel like running, so I decided to take the later train. At the Bronx, I took a ($15) taxi cab ride to school. I arrived with about 5 minutes to spare (enough time to take my things upstairs then turn around and pick up my students). Today, AP2 had her upper grade feast. Any student who brought something could join. I had about 8 kids go. With the rest, I had the remaining students begin working on their portfolio dividers(photocopiables that can be used to separate the different sections in their portfolios).


Post Date - Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:50PM

No comments: