Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, April 14th
A last minute thing..."as usual".
Taxi to work. Phone call from AP1 last minute Professional Development (writing) during prep period. One of the teachers who will be attending the Baltimore 2-day workshop found out that we would have to pay for our train ticket (and be reimbursed at a later date). Then, I went to find out if that also applied to the waterfront hotel we would be staying at. And yes, I was told that although the reservations were made, we would have to pay. When the other teacher and I balked, and the principal returned to the building, she allayed our fears and we were told that we would not have to spend any of our money for the train tickets and the hotel.

After lunch, Cackler's mother made a surprise visit. Another "I'm tougher than you are" show in front of the class. And again, no change.

I spent the afternoon and evening cleaning up my desk and teacher area. I left school about 8:15PM.

I stopped at Target with a plan to buy a digital camera. Would you believe the clerk told me that they only had one camera left (a $249) camera. I passed. Oh, and my doctor was on the train ride into the Bronx.

Completion Date - Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:19AM
Post Date - Monday, May 26, 2008 9:18PM

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Good to see you posting again, Jannx!

Sounds like your adventures have a lot of similarities with mine still. Our settings are very different!

Jannx said...

Yes, I'm not surprised with the similarities of teaching in public schools, despite the different settings.