Saturday, April 26, 2008


Saturday, April 26th.
Spring Recess is just about over. So, how is this recess different from the others? Well, by now you know there is no difference. Once again, I returned to my hermit/coma state of existence. After returning from Baltimore on Monday, (other than a trip to the bank on Tuesday to make a late payment for a credit card), I have not been out of my apartment since Tuesday.

Last night(Friday evening), I decided to make a plan to go to the teacher's store in Brooklyn. Next month my school will be doing our science themed activities, and having our science fair. I wanted to check out their science reproducible workbooks. I also wanted to get a cursive drill reproducible workbook. I also decided to see "Super Hero Movie". I wanted to see a pure escapist kind of movie, unfortunately, there was not much playing in the theaters in the way of action or adventure. I sent a text message to one of my epals(Macy's Walker) to see if he was interested.

I was supposed to have done something with another epal, but he was not feeling well. He lives in Brooklyn. He was willing to do something if he could stay closer to home. Unfortunately, I am a bit lazy. I wasn't in the mood to travel out to far Brooklyn which for me is about 90 minutes traveling time(one way).

Anyway, I texted my epal(Macy's Walker), and he texted back that if I was able to change the meeting time to a later time, then he would be able to meet me at the movie. With the arrangements made, we planned to meet at 1:30PM. I took a quick bath and was on the 12:30MN train. I arrived at the movie theater about 1:26PM. I purchased my ticket and just as I was leaving the lobby to wait outside --this time, the weather was much nicer. My epal was arriving as I was about to leave the lobby. The theater was on the 6th floor. Well, the ticket said "6th floor, but it felt like we went up 7 or 8 escalators.

We saw "SuperHero Movie". The movie was a spoof of the Super Hero movies like Spiderman, Batman, and the X-men. So how was it? It was okay. I did laugh at some parts. However, at other parts, it made me cringe a bit. A bit too much juvenile humor. There was actually a farting scene that must have lasted 5 minutes or more. The grandmotherly character laid on the couch and just kept farting as one sight-gag was done after another, and she just kept farting. The others made faces, and she continued farting. The young lady put tampons up her nose, and the lady continued farting. Objects rattled, and "sound effects" increased, and she continued to fart. I did laugh with the candle sight-gag, but I thought the other gags were just too much.

After the movie, I explain to my epal that since it was still early, I was going to the teacher's store in Brooklyn. I asked if he was interested in going, but he wasn't. Since I hadn't eaten lunch, I would have wanted to go eat, but if I didn't go to the teacher's store today, then I would have had to go tomorrow. But since I have not done anything in terms of laundry, lesson planning, or apartment cleaning, adding a trip to Brooklyn would only have stressed me out. We walked to the train station. My epal got off the train at 23rd street. He wanted to go to HomeDepot to buy some under cabinet lights. I continued on to Brooklyn.

In the teacher's store, once again, I over did it. I was only planning to get one or two books (max.) However, I ended up spending $111.07. After I finished digging my financial hole, I went to Wendy's because I hadn't eaten anything since my breakfast bowl of Cream of Wheat about 10AM. After eating my medium-sized meal, I was still hungry for dessert, so I went to Dunkin Donut. I bought two donuts at $1.10 each. The donuts tasted a bit old. I pigged-out because I told myself that I would return to the gym on Monday. I have not been to the gym since January-- and I only went 4 times then since buying the one year membership back in August 2007...what a waste of money.

After Brooklyn, I went to visit my foster father for a while. I caught the MN train and was home about 8PM.

Completion Date - Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:57PM
Post Date - Saturday, June 14, 2008 11:48PM

No comments: