Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday, April 13th
Quick blog entry. Saturday was another recuperative day. I slept most of the day away. I was in bed until 4PM. I did wake up about 7AM with the plan of going to the mall, but I was just too tired. So, Saturday was a bust.

Today, I was still feeling a bit tired, but I knew that I had to get up and out. Next week, I go to the professional development workshop in Baltimore Maryland. The tentative schedule is that we leave Tuesday afternoon. The other 2 teachers, and the principal, and I will be leaving from school about 12PM. The workshop is a two day event,with checkout from the hotel on Friday. Since I was getting basically a free trip to Baltimore, Maryland, I decided to make the most of it. I asked if my return ticket could be changed to Monday, April 21st. Spring Vacation starts on April 21st. (until April 25th).

Anyway, today I went to Target store (a last minute thing), to buy a cheap suit. My first suit in about 20 years. Yep, about 20 years since I last bought a suit. Unfortunately, the pickings were slim-pickings. I felt a bit uncomfortable trying on a suit. I had no idea what I was doing. 20 years ago, I was just starting out and it was suggested by my foster brother that I should have a suit, so I had his help buying my first suit. This time, I was on my own. I settled on a 46R charcoal jacket. I couldn't find a pair of slacks in my size in the same color, so I settled for black. Later, I notice why the Target suit was so cheap. All four of the outside pockets are fake. The suit had only one inside chest pocket. I was also planning to buy a couple of white shirts, but they had no white shirts. I also bought a garment bag, and underwear. I also bought the paperback book of "I am legend". Since I was going to be traveling with other teachers, I was feeling a bit self conscious about reading Star Trek while riding with other teachers, so I bought a book that would (I hope) not raise any eyebrows.

When I returned home, I did my laundry. Oh, and it was while I was returning from the laundry room, I noticed that I had lost my digital camera. I was a bit annoyed. I had been carrying around that camera in my jacket pocket for the last couple of weeks (always forgetting to take it out my pocket).

After the laundry, I started doing my lesson planning. Tomorrow will be a busy day for me. I will need to finish my lesson plans for the sub who will be covering my class while I am in Baltimore. I also need to clean up my desk area, so the sub will be able to find what he or she needs. I also will need to make all of my photocopies for the week (including homework and classwork). I will need to write down some information for the sub (routines, procedures, etc...). Next, I want to stop off at Target store to buy another digital camera for my trip Tuesday.

I better go. This blog is long enough. And I still have to type up my homework sheet.

Completion Date - Sunday, April 13, 2008 11:46PM
Post Date - Monday, May 26, 2008 12:48AM

No comments: