Sunday, November 01, 2009

Back in NYC

Sorry, I guess you figured out that I've once again allowed myself to be overwhelmed at work. I started posting over the uncompleted blog entries in my draft folder. I thought I would take a couple of minutes to try to clear out my draft folder. Below is one of the entries that has been sitting incomplete in my draft folder.

Thursday, August 6th

I'm back in NYC. the bus was about an hour behind schedule for the final leg of the cross country bus ride. After finally arriving in NYC, the bus driver had a minor accident with a Mercedes. While the bus company reps dealt with the accident, we sat and waited...and waited. We were waiting about 45 minutes. While waiting, the first sight I saw was a pregnant woman sleeping on the sidewalk outside a building. In the window right above the window was a sign that read, "Congratulations, it's a boy!". I tried to get a picture, but cars kept driving past the idling bus. Next, was the sight of police (or emergency service workers) rounding up the homeless. All I could think about while waiting on the bus was wow, I'm back in New York City.

Finally, the bus resumed. I was expecting another 15 minutes before we would arrive at the bus depot, but it turned out my sense of direction and time was off. The accident happened right around the corner from the bus depot.

I arrived home about 3PM and slept until about 9PM. I didn't even read the Harry Potter book. I was however, very happy with my DVD player. I was able to watch 3 movies on a single battery charge. I watched:

1. Journey to the Center of the Earth (with Brandon Frasier)
2. Pan's Labyrinth (wasn't a good movie)
3. Epic Movie (it wasn't funny)

The attached photo is the one I took while waiting on the bus (the homeless round-up).


Post Date - Sunday, November 1, 2009 1:50AM

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Three movies on one charge is impressive.

Jannx said...

Yep, I thought so. I was very impressed with the DVD player. It came in handy for the very long bus ride. I think it was a very good investment.

A Paperback Writer said...

I agree. Good choice.